Saturday, February 19, 2011

Poem No One In The World

It's not unusual to be in love with more than one person.
It's not unusual to be in love at any age in your life.
But when you feel as if the crush you have has turned into love, you think over everything.
Everything you've gone through with him, and what could continue.
But, when you think over how no one in the world could understand the constant reminder of him every single day in your life, you then realize something.

Love is overpowering him, himself.
He's not the problem I have.
It's the feeling of love hitting me like a gust of wind hitting a branch on a tree.
But instead of the branch quietly moving back and forth,
it breaks, and is now on the ground.
Love startles me, as it takes over, and how I run through the wind, as I look back at everything we've gone through, I can see the broken branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment