Monday, January 10, 2011

The Beginning of the Story of Anabel (Chapter 1 of Dangerous Feelings)

I've never had feelings for someone before.
Well, I have, but not as much feelings for anyone like I had, four months ago, for him, the one.
He was caring, but he betrayed me.
Kind, but also a jerk.
He was there for every moment that I needed someone, and every time I listen to my favorite song, I can remember us dancing, under the gazebo. Under all the lights shining right on him like he was an angel. It was perfect; my perfect moment.
Yet, I probably shouldn't skip through how we met, and the middle of it, so I'll go back to the start.
The first day of me being fourteen. It was also the first day of school back from summer.
I could see my best friends Rayna and Jasmine coming out of their cars in the parking lot. They headed to the entrance, where I was standing.
They yelled out my name, Anabel.
I'm living in Georgia, with my dad and brother Jason. He's supposed to be in college, but he quit to help me grow up, since- my mom died.
She was the closest person to me. But, she's in a better place, and I have to make it through, because I have to be strong.
I changed my whole self for her. I was a goth; emo as it could get.
She hated it. All of it.
So, I thought, after she died, I didn't want her to suffer,so I changed everything about me. My school, life, my friends, my clothes, everything that made me, me. 
For my mom.
But anyways, back to school.
They ran over to me.
"Hey Ana!" they yelled.
I hugged them both softly, and then grabbed my backpack off the ground.
"So, how was summer? Mine? Great." Rayna said.
"Fine, I guess." I replied.
"Did you go to Rome?" Jasmine said.
"Uh..no. Not this year." I said.
My biggest dream, ever since I was nine years old, even with my black and sharp accessories covering me, was to go to Rome.
My parents met there, and I've always wanted to see every speck of where my mom was, where she stayed on the vacation, and I always hope, I'd even meet the one for me. Of course money is definitely tight at my house, so I know I'm keeping that dream on hold for a little while.
The bell rang.
"Well, back to school." Jasmine said, as we walked inside.
"More like back to prison." Rayna said.
I chuckled a little, and then headed in.
Notes, reports, homework, same old. Everything I could list of school, I already have.
And it goes on to the end of the school day, where you end it off getting hit in the head with a dodge ball, and an evil coach as loud as a bullhorn, making you run as many laps as you can, until you're literally one of the kids on the ground drenched in sweat, having trouble breathing, as apparently standing up.
I hate gym class.
After gym, I went to the bathroom to change out of my gym clothes. I put on my black leggings, and a short purple sundress. I grabbed my flip flops, and then headed out to the bus.
I grabbed a seat by Rayna, as we rode home.

No comments:

Post a Comment