Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chapter 1 of Visions

My sister yelled at me to wake up, since I was twenty minutes late for school. My brother Jacob dragged me out, since I was so tired. I'm Kelly; welcome to my fourteen-year old life.

Eight in the morning, only half an hour to get ready. I took a five minute shower, got dressed, grabbed a piece of gum from my sister Samantha's room, and ran out to the bus waiting for me.
When I got in, I sat down by Jeremy. Jeremy's my best friend since kindergarten; he always sits in the first row of the bus.
"So, guess where I'm inviting you to today?" he said.
"A party for your birthday today?" I said.
"No, I decided to not have a party, but my dad got me a motorcycle for my birthday, and I'm gonna ride after school, wanna join?"
Jeremy's obsessed with motorcycles, and it made me get nervous he got a new one, since the last one he had I accidentally fell on, and scratched up the side of it.
School is so boring. English is the only subject I like, since I could write papers. I definitely wanna be a writer when I grow up, so I think of this class as practice.
Lunch, I sat by my school friends Nicole and Rose. Jeremy sat by Demetri, and every once in a while, he'd catch a glimpse of me.
After school, I got a ride from Jeremy to get to ride his motorcycle.
We threw our backpacks in the living room, and ran out to the garage.
We headed to the new bike. It was silver, and definitely big. I saw his other bikes, and the red one that I scratch last year. He tossed me a helmet, and helped me up on the bike. He jumped on.
"Hold on tight." he said.
And as he said that, he started it up, and took off.
It felt unbelievable. The wind running through my hair, it hitting my rosy cheeks, making my eyes water almost. He took a longer route so that he could drive a little more, and I loved it. It felt amazing on the motorcycle.
His phone went off, his dad was calling. He must have thought we took the short route and called him. He picked up the phone, right as a large pickup truck came by.
I yelled,
"Jeremy watch out!"
But it was already too late, the bike swerved over to the left, and we ran right into it. I heard the bike crash, as I fly off into the ditch to my right. I landed in the grassy ditch.
I couldn't breathe, I kept exhaling, as I felt the blood running down my leg, and the blood on my forehead. My head spinning, and my whole body numbed out.
"Oh God."
I said, as everything turned black, and I fell back.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment